This year, the Alcor Life Extension Foundation is celebrating its 50th year. To mark the occasion, we are holding a conference on June 3-5, 2022, at the Scottsdale Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The conference itself will be Alcor’s first major in-person gathering in seven years, so we’re going to “go big”. We expect members, prospective members, and others interested in life extension and the far future to turn out enthusiastically. There is no organization quite like Alcor, after all, and very few opportunities to explore cryonics and its implications for society now and in the far future.
Although many people look at cryonics as their “plan B”, our perspective at this event is that cryonics is Plan A. Probably everyone will need cryonics in order to reach a time where aging has been brought under control – and many people will need it sooner than they would like.
Discussion topics for this conference will include research in cryonics, research in life extension, long-term financial planning and trusts, organizational strategies, revival, lessons about cultural change from previous movements, and practical life extension, along with plenty of time for networking.
Featured speaker: We are delighted to announce the in-person presence of David Chalmers, one of the most famous contemporary philosophers (and cognitive scientists) who specializes in the areas of philosophy of mind and philosophy of language. Prof. Chalmers is a Professor of Philosophy and Neural Science at New York University, as well as co-director of NYU's Center for Mind, Brain and Consciousness. Prepare your questions for our special “fireside chat”.
Among the other sessions:
- The first-ever Presidents’ Panel, bringing together the heads of four cryonics organizations.
- Leading cryobiologist Dr. Gregory Fahy on evidence from human brain cryopreservation.
- Max Marty and Daniel Walters will record a podcast for their Cryonics Underground series.
- A panel discussion with several financial professionals on long-term financial planning in the face of inflation.
- Top trust attorney and law professor Mark House on future income trusts and how you can keep assets for your eventual revival.
- Alcor’s technical genius, Steve Graber, will take us on a journey through technical advances at Alcor.
- Top cryobiologist and Alcor director Brian Wowk on “Electromagnetic Warming of Vitrified Organs”.
- Alcor Ambassador Max More on “Cryonics as Plan A”.
- Aschwin de Wolf on “Biostasis Technologies”.
- A panel discussion on revival and reintegration.
- A panel discussion exploring what cryonicists can learn from previous massive shifts in public acceptance of minority practices.
Saturday evening entertainment with comedy magician Dewayne Hill!
Register for a Sunday afternoon tour of Alcor.
Network, refresh old acquaintances, make new cryonics-friendly friends and associates.
You’ll be kicking yourself if you miss this rare event! Register now!